PCC student group leaders come here to find teaching material and other resources from the youth director
I am from Shalersville and have lived in or near Ravenna all my life. I have a wonderful husband, Jason, and 3 beautiful girls, Lauren, Casey, and Molly. I earned a bachelor’s degree in Educational Studies from Kent State University. I work part time in the church office as a secretary. I love to play sports and spend time in nature and with my family and I also like naps and food!
1. That I would parent my children in a way that pleases God
2. Whether to go back to school for a degree in Counseling
3. My walk would go ever deeper with Christ – that I would rely on Him more and myself less
LaRee Nelson ('boring' MAY 20TH)
I am a recent Kent State University graduate and I will be marrying Nathan Boring in May, 2017. I am excited to see what God has in store for us there. In my free time, I enjoy creating art, going to the gym, and reading. I have been attending PCC for three years now and am thankful for the family I have found here.
1. Guidance as I enter the “official” work force. I have accepted a job in Cleveland, but am hoping that I can find something closer to the Akron area as soon as possible.
2. Healing in my relationship with my family. Our relationship has deteriorated since I began following Christ, and has become even more difficult throughout my engagement.
3. Guidance as Nathan and I begin looking for a home to share this Spring, and in the marriage preparations in their entirety. Please pray that I can find peace in the midst of wedding-craziness and that I can remain patient and energized during socially-draining events.
I'm a full time elementary special ed teacher, mom of two kids Landon (10) & Lexi (8). I've been married to my high school sweetheart, Mark, for almost 13 years! I like to read, write and spend time with my family and friends. I am in love with Jesus and am trying all the time to improve my walk with Him and share him with people around me. I've attended PCC for most of my life and I enjoy serving in the preschool ministry, youth group, mom's bible study and outreach activities like Rahab and the Center of Hope.
1. Patience- with my family, my students, and in general.
2. Time management- discernment in saying yes/no to things.
3. Humility- I rely on myself far too often instead of leaning on Christ.
Amanda received a B.A. from Mt. Vernon Nazarene College and a M.A. from Kent State University. She and her husband, Joe, have been married for 18 years and have 4 children; her two oldest children are in youth group now. Their family has attended PCC for 5 years. God has been priming her heart to work with youth. He has given her a desire to share His love and hope and to teach them to seek God and how to develop their relationship with God and others.
1. Balance in my life- working and parenting.
2. Leading Bible study- following God's lead and allowing Him to teach through me.
3. Being God's light at work for colleagues and students.
I am an engineering student at the University of Akron. I will be marrying my high school sweetheart in May, and look forward to the time of change and trials before us.
1. Blessings in school and job discernment
2. Preparing for husbandry obligations and changes/growing coming soon
I am 20 years old. I have been a born again Christian since I was 7 years old and have attended PCC for about 7 years. I have a passion for people and the Lord and love to help others in any way I can. I will soon be taking online coursesto become a Pastor and look forward to the ways God can use me.
1. Courage and motivation with starting school
2. That I can trust in God’s plans for me and remain patient as they work out.
3. For the ability to show Christ in a loving manner to those I work with who don’t know Him.
I am the youth director and sports director here at Portage Community Chapel. I graduated from Youngstown State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education and am currently working on my Master's degree in Biblical studies. I worked at Camp Carl for 9 years before pursuing full-time ministry. I am married to the best woman in the world, Erin, and we have been married for 5 years. We have two amazing sons, Andy who is 2 years old and Matthew who is 2 months old. I have the best job in the world because I get to disciple young men and women, seeing them grow in faith with God and use sport to lead others to Christ and minister to our community.
1. Continued physical growth for our two sons; that they would run towards God and our savior Jesus Christ.
2. Discernment in teaching truth to the youth
3. Survival through the Master's degree
Jamin is a fan of Jesus, calls himself a redeemed sinner and has a big love for His God and a willingness to serve Him! He is involved with youth ministry because he loves to encourage and help others grow in Him. Jamin enjoys hunting, fishing, video games, and anime.